|DKT Bee Lydia, a community health worker, gives Iya Lekan a Sayana Press injectable contraceptive at her house. She has five children and does not want any more, at least for now.|
- What are the side effects of each method?
- Does family planning result in infertility?
- Does family planning increase body weight or make me fat?
- What do I do if bleeding occurs?
- Does contraceptive use predispose me to cancer?
The bottom line is that contraceptives are good for the health of women. In fact, Nigerian health experts blame the low uptake of family planning as one of the reasons why Nigeria still reports high maternal mortality.